I have created a digital story for you guys to view. We have studied the Uncertainty Reduction Theory which is a major component of why we perceive people to be the way we perceive them. Please review the Uncertainty Reduction Theory on page 177 of your textbook and then watch this digital story. This digital story takes you through a scenario of a certain character trying to reduce his uncertainty about attending college.
For this assignment, I would like you to identify the passive, active, and interactive strategies that Uncle Si uses in order to reduce his uncertainty about attending college. Please answer the questions below and you may turn in your answers on the day of exam two in order to receive one extra credit point. Please answer each question with a full paragraph. Do not just type a sentence and think that will sufficient enough for full credit, because it will not be.
- Describe the Uncertainty Reduction Theory. Give other examples other than the example in the digital story that you have used the Uncertainty Reduction Theory in your life.
- Describe some passive strategies that Uncle Si used in order to reduce his uncertainty about attending college.
- Describe some active strategies that Uncle Si used in order to reduce his uncertainty about attending college.
- Describe some interactive strategies that Uncle Si used in order to reduce his uncertainty about attending college.
- Create your own reflection on the Uncertainty Reduction Theory. Do you think that this can be applied to many areas of our lives or not?
Of course, let me know if you have any comments or questions about this content. Feel free to leave a comment on the blog. Please remember that this is due at the beginning of class on the day that we take our second exam!! Happy communicating!